ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS AND THINGS TO CONSIDER:
Things to Do/Consider Before Adopting a Dog:
Select Link Below To Complete The Adoption Application!
Due to FBS being volunteer operated by dual military, no exceptions are made
ADOPTION PROCESS: EASY 3 STEPS!
STEP ONE: Read the Requirements for Adoption
STEP TWO: Decide who you would like to meet!
All of our dogs available for adoption are current on vaccinations, treated for any medical needs, heartworm tested and treated if positive in South Carolina, microchipped, as well as spayed/neutered unless not old enough or not recommended by our veterinarian. They are also current on preventatives. For Belle's Sake's canine adoption fee is a standard $175 regardless of age, gender, or breed. These fees are necessary to cover costs of vetting prior to adoption and are quite low considering many of our adoptables have incurred very high medical costs prior to being ready for adoption. The average expenses For Belle's Sake incurs for each dog are $300-$800. Donations above the standard fees to fully cover vetting are always welcomed and help us to continue to save lives and make it possible for our residents to find loving, forever homes of their own.
STEP THREE: Please complete an adoption application found below!
Please complete all questions. Our adopters are carefully screened with the hopes that the adopters will provide care and love for the remaining life span of the animal as one of the family. Adoption contracts will be completed at the meet and greet if an adoption is approved and you are in love with your selected new family member. If a match, your furry family member can go home with you at the time of the meet and greet!
READY TO ADOPT ?
Process and Requirements
Required to Read Prior to Application Submission
We try to save as many adoptable pets as possible, but have limited resources. We work hard to care for the pets in our rescue and carefully screen the adopters who want our precious saved souls. Unlike so many no kill and high kill animal shelters, we try hard to give all animals in our care ALL the medical attention they may need. Our adoption fees are very low compared to the medical expenses we incur for those in our care on their journey to find their forever families: $175 for dogs and $150 for cats. Please consider a monetary donation whenever possible. It's easy to use our PayPal link at the top of this page, and your donation is tax deductible! I hope you are writing to us to ask about one of our adoptable cats or dogs. If so, please complete an application below and email it to us. All of our adoptables have all been waiting so long to be loved by a family of their own. Which one should be your new family member?
- We do require most of our canine adopters to have securely fenced yards. However, some of our dogs may be considered for homes with smaller enclosures (i.e. secure patios) and we do occasionally adopt to apartment-style homes or homes without fenced yards. These applicants are considered on a case by case basis and selection of dogs appropriate for these homes is often limited. Feel free to inquire about a particular resident's requirements.
- All FBS dogs will be primarily inside dogs living as members of their family – no dogs will live strictly outside or in garages.
- No FBS dog will be kept on a chain at any time, for any reason.
- All FBS dogs will be provided with adequate fresh food and water, clean, dry shelter when outside, and daily exercise.
- Young puppies and toy dogs should not be adopted to families with children under 4 years old due to their fragile bodies. Consideration for your child's ability to interact gently with an animal is important as well as knowing that they can not be left unsupervised with a fragile animal. Consider an older animal or medium size dog for a family member.
- All FBS dogs will be required to wear a safe collar with ID tags to be worn when on walks, at the park, in vehicles, etc.
- All adoptive families will obey all applicable laws governing control and custody of animals.
- All adoptive families will provide medical care as prescribed by their veterinarian including but not limited to; exams and unscheduled treatment for any illness/injury.
- All FBS dogs will be adopted only as a personal companion and not as a gift, working animal or guard animal. The adopter must be the one submitting the application.
- All FBS dogs will be returned to For Belle's Sake Rescue should it be necessary to find another home for the dog or cat. No dog will be given away for any reason at any point in their lives.
- FBS assumes no responsibility nor shall they be held liable for any damages caused by the adopted animal to property, person or other pets. If any medical problems occur after adoption, FBS is not liable for medical bills.
- FBS's primary goal is to place our dogs in permanent, loving homes. Please consider the many years of care and commitment when adopting a dog. 15+ yrs
- To help ensure that we place our dogs in loving, responsible, and committed homes, we have an application (below) and screening process.
- For Belle's Sake Rescue reserves the right to refuse any adoption.